Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th!



The fourth of July here in Evanston is a HUGE celebration, by that I mean it is a great excuse to light off fireworks all hours of the day and night! The noise and the garbage all over the place from fireworks really annoyed me the first year we lived here, but this year we set off fireworks and kind of joined the crowd and it actually was really fun! The night of the third Kyson and I watched fireworks on the porch for two hours. On the fourth, Hilary and our friend Jeremy came up to our house and we played and went four-wheeling then watched fireworks at Steve and Diana's until we couldn't stay awake any longer! Kyson and Kolby loved the fireworks from a distance, but Kyson did not want his Daddy lighting them anywhere close to him! I think it was two in the morning before I finally heard the last pop, but I'm already looking forward to next year- am I a true Evanston resident or what?

3 comments:

Chelsey and Brandt said...

sounds like fun Megan, I never thought you would stay in Evanston very long but look at you now. Actually brandt sometimes tells me he wants to live up there but I dont think so. Im glad you like it we actually come up there alot you need to tell me where you live and next time I will stop. Although there is a Maurices and I do LOVE shopping there.

Maclaine & Sara said...

Too bad we missed all the fireworks this year--they probably don't compare to the ones here in Henefer! Give the boys a kiss and tell Kyson I will make him some brownies soon, it has been a while.

Blessed said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! The 4th for us was ok. We shot off fireworks at jareds parents house all night..and Eli fell asleep outside in his camping chair. After the first couple of hours of hearing all the loud noise I was good to call it quits...im sucha party pooper sometimes