Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Hunting!

Colt's Antelope
Kyson & Kolby already think life revolves around hunting- every time Colt is gone somewhere they assume he's hunting and Kolby thinks there is a "dee" in the back of every truck.
Our dog's first bird :)
My cute little three-point!
I get two pictures because this was my first one ;)
As of about August sometime my husband has been hunting pretty much non-stop and still has one more animal to go. I never really understand what makes men get up at four in the morning, walk for miles, freeze their tails off, eat granola bars all day and then get up and do it again the next day- but, he loves it and I am happy that he has something he absolutely enjoys. I joined in a little bit this year and shot my first deer- wahoo! I am surprised how much fun it really was and I might even do it again! I have shot a gun a whole two times in my life so it was a little scary but of course Colt did most of the work and I pulled the trigger and got it with one shot! Here are the pictures of our harvests:)

7 comments:

Chelsey and Brandt said...

Way to Go!! I am so shocked you actually shot a deer, you must be pretty good at that. Did you help with gutting it? Oh that is the worst. I hope you didnt do that part. Congratulations on the three point!!

!~PADGETTS~! said...

I AM SHOCKED you shot a DEER !!! CONGRATS to you and your first DEER ... WAY TO GO ...

Maclaine & Sara said...

Yay Megan! What a nice looking deer you have, with it's evil eyes and such. Just kidding! If I was not afraid of deer and if loud noises, such as guns, didn't hurt my ears--I might consider shooting one. I love all the pictures, especially the one of Dakota and the bird. I am with you on the whole "hunting" thing. I love that it makes Maclaine happy too!

MaddyChick said...

Meg- I'm so proud of you! Hunting Women are a dying breed! As long as you can pull the trigger then men can do the rest. I have an elk tag this year so we'll see how it goes. I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. Mine is private so send me your e-mail and I'll add you so you can take a look. Madalyn_02@msn.com

Courtney said...

Meg, way to go, you hunter, you! I am impressed. Colts a lucky man. I read your post about Kolby being up all night and laughed my head off. You are such a cute mom. Hope all is well!

Sarah said...

I can't believe you shot a deer, that's awesome. That picture of colt, though, might be the sickest picture I've seen in a while. The deer skeleton hanging in the background! But sounds like fun. You are way too nice too...my husband has to pick one hunt and that's it!

Blessed said...

You go girl! Yeah, Jared wants me to go hunting with him one of these days. Maybe I will shoot me a deer too!:)