Monday, September 29, 2008

Zoo/Circus

Kyson only wanted to see the zebras but this
is also his new "cheese-it" face.







Grandma Goose and Grandpa
Stevie moving the kids along.
























Family Portrait


There's no pictures from the circus Friday night although I made a huge effort to bring the camera, and extra batteries even, but when I pulled it out of my purse to snap some there were actually no batteries in it at all! Oh well, I did manage to take some with the cell phones after about a thousand tries. We headed out to the circus Friday night and stopped for dinner- which wasn't the best experience I've ever had. Restaurants are not the best places for rowdy little boys anyhow, but for some reason Kyson and Kolby were particularly crazy this night. I don't remember how many drinks were spilled or how many times we pulled them off the table but it was quite a few! The circus was fun, I think I was more excited about it than the kids or Colt but it really was fun. Kolby was not really entertained by the whole thing and mostly just wanted to get in and out of his folding chair the entire time but at least he was having a good time doing that. Kyson loved it but we were all tired and left before it was actually over and went back to the Little America to spend the night. After about an hour of both children singing themselves to sleep (which I love) we actually had a peaceful night's sleep. It's always a little scary wondering if your kids are going to sleep or freak out in a new place. We then headed to the zoo for Makell's birthday which I was also very excited about- I have been wanting to go all summer but my country-boy husband does not believe there is any reason in the whole entire world good enough to go to Salt Lake :) I just like to see how happy the little kids get to see the animals. Happy Birthday Makelly! Thanks for the fun day!

4 comments:

Maclaine & Sara said...

What? Kids freak out when they aren't at their own house? I have never heard of such a thing! I dare you guys to take Adlee next time. :) Once again, thanks for coming to the zoo!

Chelsey and Brandt said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, we went to the circus the last time it was here and I was way more excited than Hallie but it was a good time. Next time you are in Coalville you need to stop and let the kids play it would be fun and we could do lunch or something, call me when your down next.

Diana said...

Megan, I know exactly what you mean about Colt not ever needing to go to Salt Lake, he gets it from his dad! But they both were pretty good sports about it. Steve was really ready to be home after lunch, but I for one loved the day and the zoo was too fun to watch the little kids. It's always an effort but way worth it!

BattFam said...

Hey Nev did you know I was at the zoo at the same time as you?? I said hi to Steph but never seen you. You need to come down and play sometime soon or maybe we will come up? I love all the pics!