Monday, September 8, 2008

Camping






We went, with my family, for a little one-night camping trip up to the Uinta's and had a very fabulous time. We left Friday evening with my parents and sister and my other brother and sister met us there later that night. Kyson and Kolby thought the camper was thee greatest thing ever- we borrowed it from Grandpa Stevie and Kyson spent every second in it until we had to leave. We just hung out and threw tons of rocks in the river then roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner. Kyson's marshmallows started on fire which he thought was pretty dang cool. It was way cold during the night and in the morning but thank heavens everyone slept just fine (except me, I had a little freaking out moment of claustrophobia in the top bunk :) and we had a toasty fire going in the morning! Colt had to come back to work the next day but the rest of us drove up to Lily Lake and fished and had lunch- I'm sad summer is ending because I want to do it again!

4 comments:

BattFam said...

Hey Nev your boys are so cute. When we took Keenan camping he loved it too. I hate when the pics don't go where you want them. I was thinking that we should go to the zoo maybe like Friday 9/12?? Let me know

Chelsey and Brandt said...

Hey your camping trip looked like it was a blast. We have only been camping once this summer but it was way fun. Hey if you go to the zoo let me know I want to go!!!

Maclaine & Sara said...

I am just the opposite--I am ready for fall! I love everything about it. I like it when it cools down and the leaves start to change color.

ham4Him said...

Did you take "The Hilton on Wheels"? We had a summer without a camper and Steve barrowed us his! We LOVED it, called it the Hilton because it was soooo big! (Remember we have the pop-up cab over.) We have fond memories of the HILTON!! After this weekend in ours...I'm ready for a bigger camper, but soon it will just be Bri and I so I guess ours will be just right for two.